This is your local Magisterial District Judge Office. Right next to Johnson Flowers in that little plaza. We’ve been coming to this building and fighting the government for nearly 20 years. The government doesn’t want you to hire us. They want a push over. When you need the best assault charges lawyer in Halifax, you need us.
Free information to help you now
We don’t treat you like most lawyers do. Most lawyers will treat you like a mushroom. They keep you in the dark and hope you grow. We give you too much information rather than too little information. That’s because we know exactly what we are doing. We know how to not only play human courtroom chess, but we are Masters level elite players of the game. So, let’s start getting you some answers to questions like:
- What are the maximum sentence for this charge?
- Are fines excessive?
- What’s the worst that can happen to me?
- Is there mandatory jail time?
- Is there any defense to these charges?
Here are some preliminary answers to a lot of those questions.
- Simple Assault Charges
- Aggravated Assault Charges
- Homicide Charges
- Voluntary Manslaughter Charges
- Involuntary Manslaughter Charges
- Terroristic Threats
When selecting which attorney to hire, please consider:
- Can you call anytime and talk to a live person?
- Do they offer payment plans with no credit checks?
- Will your attorney be attentive and explain what’s going on?
At The McShane Firm, we answer yes to all of these questions. We strive to provide you with a great customer service experience during this tough time.
Defenses to assault cases
One of the best defenses to assault cases is self-defense. Lots of attorneys cannot properly tell you the law of self-defense in PA. They just think of it like other folks. You can hit, when you are hit. You can shoot, when you are shot at. While that’s part of it, there is a lot more to it. The doctrine of anticipatory self-defense applies. Plus, there is the castle doctrine that not only covers your residence, but also the area near to it. And ask an attorney about Stand Your Ground law and you’ll likely get the wrong answer. So read all of this to make sure you know
- Self Defense in Pennsylvania
- DOES PENNSYLVANIA LAW ALLOW FOR USE OF FORCE IN SELF-DEFENSE?
- DEFENSE OF OTHERS
- THE CASTLE DOCTRINE AND STAND YOUR GROUND
- CIVIL IMPLICATIONS OF THE JUSTIFIED USE OF DEADLY FORCE
- THE CASTLE DOCTRINE IN PENNSYLVANIA: A REBUTTABLE PRESUMPTION
Look beyond the now, we’ll protect you for your future.
Too many attorneys look to end the case quickly. They don’t tell you everything that you lose by giving up and pleading guilty. Either they don’t know about it or they don’t care enough about you to tell you about it. We know. We care. Here are the major consequences to criminal charges in PA
What is The McShane Difference?
- We take time to understand your personal needs and goals. Then we cater our legal strategy to fit you.
- We care about you. We listen and return phone calls. We will take time to explain things so you are not left anxious in the dark.
- We will make this as easy as possible. We will try to minimize the number of times you have to be in court which means less disruption of your work and family life.
Does this sound like what you are looking for in an attorney? If yes, then take the next step and call (717) 657-3900.
Additional recommended reading:
But it gets worse, if the alleged crime involves a loved one, you can bet that with the criminal charges will come a Protection from Abuse order.
More recommended reading:
Our Clients are entitled to a Bill of Rights which states:
- Our clients have the right to expect, we will be proactive in communication. You will hear it from us first. We will return all phone calls, texts and emails promptly.
- Our clients have the right to expect plain speaking, straight shooting. No B. S.
- Our clients have the right to expect us to do it right the first time, every time.
- Our clients have the right to expect us to be on time and professionally prepared for all court appearances, and all meetings.
- Our clients have the right to expect that they will be fully informed at all times.
This is our promise to you. Call today to get us on your side: (717) 657-3900.
What our clients say
Our clients love us. When police, prosecutors, judges. celebrities or just plain old folk like you and I get in trouble, they call us. We are the trusted and well known lawyers who fight.
Professional, Reliable, and Trustworthy
I reached out to a few different firms after receiving my court details in the mail, but I quickly realized that the McShane firm felt the most consistent and genuinely interested in my case. They’re very passionate about getting you the best results, and communication with attorney Corey Fahnestock was quick and easy. Both attorney Corey Fahnestock and Cassandra Frantz were very helpful and informative as they were consistently updating me whenever a delay or change in terms would occur. Worth every dollar! I highly recommend Corey Fahnestock for anyone serious about seeking true justice!
Justin McShane and his firm are the best in the nation. They handle and win the toughest cases on a regular basis. Justin and his wife are not only trial lawyers but they are also scientist. When a lawyer can combine this type of knowledge, tenacity and trial skills…it’s a work of art. If they will take your case, you are very lucky. When you can’t afford to lost, you call the McShane firm.
I cannot thank them enough for the outcome of my case. Attorney Tim Barrouk was dealing with a client who was on edge, never been arrested, and didn’t trust him 100% in the beginning, but he came recommended so he was my lawyer. I remember offering to hire a second attorney to help and he reassured me he had it under control. After a while it appeared I made a great choice. He knew the pros & cons of every judge my case was assigned to, he knew when to talk and when to listen in court, he didn’t let me take a bad deal, never pressured me, and responded to every text or call I ever placed to him. Cathi Lee kept me updated on where to be and when to be there. and was always available also. I was facing an Aggravated Assault charge causing serious bodily injury, simple assault, unlawful restraint, and 4 other misdemeanor charges and facing up to 10+ years in state prison. I never denied what I did and there was even video of me doing it. At the end of the day, All my charges were dropped and replaced with one summary offense of disorderly conduct and I was sentenced to pay a $25 fine plus court costs. Tim was always honest, and even told me flat out, these charges fit what you did but your case is triable and we’re gonna work for the best outcome. There were no promises or bs, just facts and business. Thank you Tim and the rest of The McShane Firm for getting me justice and not letting me get lost in the system.
Get started now
FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION