Associate Attorney – Criminal Law
The McShane Firm, Pennsylvania’s premier DUI and criminal defense law firm, founded by Attorney and CEO, Justin McShane, has proudly served the citizens of Pennsylvania since 2004.
The McShane Firm takes pride in providing our clients with the most highly-qualified defense possible. We value staying ahead of the curve by making continuous and rigorous legal education a top priority in order to improve our knowledge of everything from the latest in forensic science to Pennsylvania DUI.
We are seeking an Associate Attorney to join our firm. Experience in DUI and Criminal is helpful. A successful candidate will need to have a passion for Criminal Defense, enjoy helping clients in challenging life situations, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills. You will have your own caseload and a paralegal and will be provided with firm generated leads and full client intake.
- Meet regularly and communicate effectively with clients
- Work effectively and professionally as part of a team, including colleagues, support staff and others involved in a case
- Review and draft pertinent court related documents such as motions, pre-trial/post-trial briefs, appeals, closing arguments and witness examinations
- Obtain and review appropriate case related materials, including case files from prior counsels, materials from court clerks, court reporters, police departments, prosecutors, and other sources
- Provide professional and creative options for resolving disputes
- Maintain high level of professional conduct and ethics
- Provide sophisticated legal analysis and arrive at practical solutions for clients
- Conduct accurate legal research
- Stay current with latest Criminal Defense science and research by attending training and seminars
- Graduate of accredited law school and licensed to practice in PA
- Experience in DUI and/or Criminal Law is a plus
- Skills and comfort using modern software technology to improve efficiency
- Self-motivated and goal oriented with the ability to handle multiple priorities and cases with accuracy and effectively manage time, deadlines and workload
- Empathetic to clients and enjoy helping people solve challenging life problems
- Strong organizational skills
- Enjoy continuous learning in a fast-paced work environment
- Team player with the ability to work well with others as well as independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication and people skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic with high personal standards for quality of work
- Conscientiousness and high attention to detail confidentiality
- Willingness to work outside typical hours, as necessary
- Have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to attend training and seminars outside of PA when needed
Great people and great place!
Although our clients and courts can give us the hardest times, everyone always keeps a nice, positive attitude! It is a great office to work for because everyone is respectful of everyone else and we work as a team. It was a great way to start my experience in the workforce post college.
Productive, encouraging, and fast paced firm where you will learn so much
The McShane Firm employes some of the kindest and most knowledgeable attorneys and staff I have ever worked with. Their approach to criminal defense is forward-thinking and the management team cares about employee development.
Fast paced, never boring
Overall a great place to work. The job is busy but never dull. Every criminal case is different and there are so many interesting clients. The people who work there are wonderful, kind and supportive. There are constant monthly rewards and incentives for hard work. The attorneys are always willing to step up and help one another whether it’s to cover a case or just brainstorm ideas. There is an emphasis on education and in the first few years, you will have so many opportunities to learn at really fun seminars.
Great Place to Learn
During my time here, I witnessed first hand what great attorney’s look like. The McShane has several attorneys who all excel in defending against DUI. Everyone from the attorneys to the legal staff are amazing. They are friendly and welcoming. Great place to work at.
What I love about my job
Working at The McShane Firm has been the best job I have ever had. I feel like everyone I work with is a part of my extended family. For the last 14 years, I have gotten to see so many clients have such positive outcomes and I have been a part of that. I think though that the most important thing I love about my job and I know i could not find anywhere else, is the flexibility to have raised my child and know that I never had to send her into a daycare situation when she got sick, or when the school called multiple times or she had appointments, each and every time they made it happen and worked with me. As long as I got my job done, I was able to do what I needed each and every time so I didn’t let my family down. For a family-owned business, the benefits are amazing and the time off policy a bonus. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.