- Will my parents find out?
- Can I go to jail?
- Will I get kicked out of college for this DUI?
- Can I study abroad if I have a DUI conviction on my record?
- Will I lose my future career?
- Can I get into medical school with a DUI conviction?
- Can I get into post-grad school with a DUI?
- Is my life over because of an underage DUI?
A DUI charge can trigger many consequences that can doom the future of any young person:
- Auto insurance maybe denied, meaning you won’t be able to drive
- Massive inconvenience for work attendance, off-campus study and life due to license suspension
- Loss of scholarship or other disciplinary action due to violating student code of conduct policy
- A DUI conviction will remain on your criminal history forever. Future employers will be able to see it and many will not hire you or you will have some embarrassing excuses to make
Free PA DUI Info (Easy to Understand Language)
Maximum Penalties for Underage DUI convictions
All under the age of 21 DUI convictions are prosecuted at either the middle tier or the highest tier rate in PA. If your BAC is over 0.16, you will face the highest tier rate penalties in PA. If your BAC is under 0.16 BAC, you will face the middle tier penalties in DUI.
Additional recommended reading:
- First offense DUI charges
- Second offense DUI charges
- Third or more DUI charges
- DUI Homicide
- Pennsylvania DUI Injury and DUI Accident Laws
A DUI is not the end
Even though your kid has been charged with a DUI and is under the age of 21, we can fight the charges. There are a lot of defenses to a DUI. Give us a call.
Get an attorney right now
As you can see, the penalties of an underage DUI are no joke. If you find yourself accused of a underageDUI in Pennsylvania, the experienced DUI lawyers at The McShane Firm can help to minimize or eliminate the charges against you.
Additional recommended reading:
- Problems with DUI Blood Tests in Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania DUI Laws and your Professional License (Military too)
- CDL holder and DUI charges
- Pennsylvania DUI FAQ (Free Information, Easy to Understand)
- PA DUI Blog
- Free PA DUI Info (Easy to Understand Language)
- DUI Lawyer Costs
- DUI Trial Procedure
- Pennsylvania DUI Attorneys
- Pennsylvania DUI Laws and your Professional License
- How To Find The Best DUI Lawyer in Pennsylvania
2nd DUI With Refusal
I couldn’t have asked for a better attorney than Tim. He was so patient with me through the whole process and answered every question I had regardless of how stupid they were. This was my second DUI in 4 years and I refused any testing which calls for an automatic license suspension. Tim fought Penndot on the refusal charge and won and also took my DUI case to trial and won. NOT GUILTY on everything. He is worth every penny I spent. If you are looking for a great attorney I would highly recommend Tim.
Justin McShane and his entire staff made me feel like they took my case personally and really cared about a suitable outcome of my case. All my calls and questions and emails were answered very quickly. I would highly recommend The McShane Firm for any representation.
The best of the best in DUI cases. Worth every penny. 8 years later and I still can’t thank you guys enough.
Best DUI Defense in PA
I was falsely accused of Driving Under the Influence with Reckless Endangerment of my young son in the car. I was in jeopardy of losing custody of my only child. Thanks to Tim, this tragedy was avoided. Tim strategically fought for me to convince the jurors that the Commonwealth’s witnesses should not be believed. He used his experience to ‘splain the truth to the jury. With just the right balance of charm, mild indignation, logic, truth telling, humor, personal anecdotes, relationship building, power of persuasion, professional acumen, trial experience, and so much more, Tim achieved success for me. He’s worth every penny. Tim did great, and I’ll always be grateful!