If you are looking for a highly-experienced DUI trial lawyer in Pennsylvania, look no further than Attorney Justin J. McShane. Based in Harrisburg, Attorney McShane is the most highly qualified DUI and criminal defense attorney in Pennsylvania. Justin is a nationally renowned trial attorney and a lawyer who is recognized as having forensic science expertise who successfully uses his superior knowledge, experience, and guts to defend citizens accused of crimes ranging from DUI to underage drinking, from drug possession to assault, and even capital homicide. Widely respected for his encyclopedic knowledge of all forms of forensic science, Attorney McShane has attended national forensic and DUI seminars hosted by or based upon teaching of esteemed associations such as:
- National College for DUI Defense
- National Highway Safety Transport Safety Administration
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Pennsylvania State Police Academy and
- Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law.
Attorney McShane believes knowledge is the key to successfully defending cases. As a result, Attorney McShane holds a training resume that cannot be matched by any other DUI or criminal defense attorney in Pennsylvania. As an active member of the National College of DUI Defense (NCDD), Justin devotes over 350 hours per year attending advanced legal training and certification courses nationwide. Some highlights of his DUI and Criminal Defense qualifications are:
- All National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) based training and certificates of completion for completing all of the NHTSA based training curriculum, including Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE) certification – the very first criminal defense and DUI attorney in the nation to receive this certification, and also in the Drug Recognition Expert Protocol.
- Instructor Rating of Standardized Field Sobriety Tests (roadside DUI tests) – a higher level of training than most Pennsylvania police officers.
- Multiple plaques in recognition of attendance at the Attended the NCDD Summer Session held at Harvard School of Law in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Presentation at the nationally renowned Advanced Forensics Blood and Urine Seminar – alongside a faculty including recognized forensic experts Dr. A.W. Jones and Dr. Alfred Staubus.
- Full membership in The American Chemical Society and The American College of Forensic Examiners – organizations comprised mostly of scientists, not lawyers.
Attorney McShane is a graduate of the prestigious Georgetown Preparatory School in North Bethesda, Maryland. He matriculated at Franklin & Marshall College, where he was named a Marshall Scholar – the college’s highest academic scholarship. As a Marshall Scholar, Attorney McShane studied European Criminal Law and Procedure at the University of Limerick in the Republic of Ireland. After graduating from Franklin and Marshall College, he attended the Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law, where he specialized in criminal defense.
In his rare moments away from the firm, Justin donates his time to worthy causes such as the Pennsylvania Innocence Project, the Special Olympics, PAWS and the Boy Scouts of America. He is an Eagle Scout who always believes in the Boy Scout Motto of “Be Prepared” and has served as an elected member of the Central Dauphin School Board.