The sooner you hire an attorney, the better it is for your case. Even if you have not been charged yet, there are many things we can do to strengthen your position.
Here are the top 10 reasons you should hire an attorney NOW:
- This won’t go away: The worst thing you can do is ignore this situation and delay. The longer you wait, the more difficult defending your case will become.
- Intimidation: When we are retained, we fax the police officer to make sure they know that you are being represented by The McShane Firm. We have found this to be an effective method that sometimes results in the client not being charged at all.
- Preliminary Hearing: There are many advantages of having a lawyer present at the preliminary hearing. It is a good chance to get a look at the evidence against you and is an opportunity to get the officer’s testimony on record so it can’t be changed later on.
- Best results: The more time we have to investigate and prepare our case the stronger it is. It also helps to have access to the evidence earlier so we can arrange for additional testing or information if needed.
- Expert Testimony: One of our strategies is to fight your case based on science. This means we may need to contact experts or research scientific journals for information that can help you. The earlier we do this the better.
- MDJ continuances: Once the process gets started, it can be very difficult to get continuances in the middle if new details come to light. There is never a good idea to have a surprise arise in a criminal case. Preparation wins cases. The sooner you get us involved, the more prepared we can be. The more prepared we are, the less the chance that we are going to be surprised by anything.
- Loss of Evidence: The evidence in your case is not limited to what the police have collected. There are many things like restaurant receipts and surveillance videos. These can be destroyed as part of “routine cycles” without informing you.
- Witnesses Forget: People who may be able to testify in your favor will only remember the details for a short time. That’s why we have to get to them and make sure we record the facts.
- Peace of mind: One of the greatest things we offer is a deep breath of relief. It is a huge weight off your shoulders to know that you have the premier DUI and Criminal Defense firm in Pennsylvania working to protect you.
- We are ready now and we want to help you.
Call (717) 657-3900 NOW to give yourself the best chance at defending your case.