If you like prison, like Megan’s Law registration, and like having lifelong consequences because of a sex crimes charge, then don’t call us. We’re only interested in helping folks who are innocent. We are the true Pennsylvania Innocence Project because we fight the government every day on behalf of the accused. We presume all charges to be false. Innocence is what you are. Let’s keep it that way. Contact us if you want the best sex crimes attorney in Halifax.
Will my neighbors learn that I have been charged with a sex crime?
The PA UJS website The Public Web Docket Sheets option provides access to search, view and print the docket sheets for Pennsylvania’s Appellate Courts, Criminal Courts of Common Pleas, Magisterial District Courts and the Philadelphia Municipal Court. It allows anyone with intent access and just the most basic information about you to go snooping.
When selecting which attorney to hire, please consider:
- Can you call anytime and talk to a live person?
- Do they offer payment plans with no credit checks?
- Will your attorney be attentive and explain what’s going on?
At The McShane Firm, we answer yes to all of these questions. We strive to provide you with a great customer service experience during this tough time.
What crimes get you on the sex offender list? How do you get off Megan’s Law list?
Pennsylvania’s Megan’s Law is a very complicated maze. With the passing of Act 24 of 1995, Pennsylvania began its version of “Megan’s Law” which is a centralized database of details of certain convicted sex offenders who live in PA. Pennsylvania has its own law when it comes to “sexual offenders”. It is also subject to the federal law known as SORNA Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act). The Adam Welsh Act created SORNA. Later legislation furthered the minimum standards such as the Wetterling Act, the Lychner Act and the Kanka Act.
In Pennsylvania, anyone with the internet can put in a name or their zip code to find out of you are on Megan’s Law or are a Sexually Violent Predator.
Just put in a name or a zip code. You will get a lot of information on any registered person
More information on Megan’s Law in PA
For more information on exactly what crimes and for how long those crimes get you on the SORNA/Megan’s Law List in PA:
Sexual Offenses (Sex Crimes)
- Statutory Sexual Assault
- Involuntary Deviate Sexual Intercourse
- Sexual Assault
- Sexual Assault by Sports Official, Volunteer or Employee of a Nonprofit Organization
- Aggravated Indecent Assault
- Indecent Assault
- Indecent Exposure
- Failure to Register Megan’s Law
- Conduct Related to Sex Offenders
- Unlawful Dissemination of Intimate Image
- Female Mutilation
- Sexual Abuse of Children
- Unlawful Contact with a Minor
- Sexual Exploitation of Children
- Open Lewdness
What is The McShane Difference?
- We take time to understand your personal needs and goals. Then we cater our legal strategy to fit you.
- We care about you. We listen and return phone calls. We will take time to explain things so you are not left anxious in the dark.
- We will make this as easy as possible. We will try to minimize the number of times you have to be in court which means less disruption of your work and family life.
Does this sound like what you are looking for in an attorney? If yes, then take the next step and call (717) 657-3900.
More consequences for sex offenses in PA
It’s more than mandatory minimums, max penalties and Megan’s Law when it comes to sex crimes in PA, there are lifelong consequences that follow anyone convicted of any crime. Too many times attorneys ignore these secondary consequences. You end up making a horrible decision. You lose. Don’t let that happen to you. Educate yourself:
When you are serious about beating the sex crime charges against you
All you have to do is contact us to get the ball rolling. Right now, the government is beating you. It’s time for you to start beating the sex offense charges by calling in the best sex crimes attorney in Halifax: The McShane Firm
Our Clients are entitled to a Bill of Rights which states:
- Our clients have the right to expect, we will be proactive in communication. You will hear it from us first. We will return all phone calls, texts and emails promptly.
- Our clients have the right to expect plain speaking, straight shooting. No B. S.
- Our clients have the right to expect us to do it right the first time, every time.
- Our clients have the right to expect us to be on time and professionally prepared for all court appearances, and all meetings.
- Our clients have the right to expect that they will be fully informed at all times.
This is our promise to you. Call today to get us on your side: (717) 657-3900.
What our clients say
Indecent Assault dismissed
I have never seen or heard of a more talented group of people and I believe if people really care about their life and future they’ll think real hard about hiring you guys.
Agg Indecent Assault dismissed
Justin, I believe, is the best bar none. Not only just in the courtroom but also for just being a great guy. I’ve always been told not to trust an attorney but Justin I trust along with the whole firm.
Was able to take tension off of the situation, and able to explain what was going on. Also helped put my mind at ease knowing that they were helping me along the way
I called at midnight the night before my hearing and spoke with Attorney Barrouk for almost an hour. He attended my hearing and got my charges dismissed.
I felt your firm had everything under control. you were on top of things and most of all I knew I did not have to worry about anything – which was great.
FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION