Top level view of what we do
We are Pennsylvania’s biggest and best DUI firm. We have 8 full time attorneys and 23 support staff who dedicate their careers to fighting for our neighbors and friends in and around Chambersburg, PA. When you are looking for a Chambersburg, PA DUI attorney, the folks who live there say: “Call The McShane Firm at 717-657-3900″”
When selecting which attorney to hire, please consider:
- Can you call anytime and talk to a live person?
- Do they offer payment plans with no credit checks?
- Will your attorney be attentive and explain what’s going on?
At The McShane Firm, we answer yes to all of these questions. We strive to provide you with a great customer service experience during this tough time.
Things unique to Chambersburg, PA DUI prosecutions
All preliminary hearings are held at the Franklin County Courthouse. They call it central court. Although your local judge, called a Magisterial District Judge (MDJ) is the person who has original jurisdiction over your case based upon where the DUI allegedly happened, the court holds all DUI hearings at the main county courthouse. If you are from out of town or need directions, here you go:
Where to Park
There’s lots of metered parking around the courthouse. So make sure you bring your quarters.
Things to be aware of…
It is central court. That means the court schedules all cases for the same place and at the same time. If you show up without an attorney, the local district attorney’s office will make you wait until much later on in the process. You may face a not to pleased judge who may give you some talking to about not being prepared and getting an attorney. They may or may not grant you a continuance. The DA might make you an offer right then and there without having an attorney. They may make a “take it or leave it offer.” That is usually a very big mistake. You may feel pressured to cave. Don’t. But better yet don’t show up without an attorney.
What is The McShane Difference?
- We take time to understand your personal needs and goals. Then we cater our legal strategy to fit you.
- We care about you. We listen and return phone calls. We will take time to explain things so you are not left anxious in the dark.
- We will make this as easy as possible. We will try to minimize the number of times you have to be in court which means less disruption of your work and family life.
Does this sound like what you are looking for in an attorney? If yes, then take the next step and call (717) 657-3900.
The Franklin County DUI process
When you do show up for a preliminary hearing or any court event, be sure to bring something to read. Just like all central court systems in PA, there is a lot of waiting.
Be prepared, if you or your attorney want a hearing, the court may reschedule you for another day. It’s just the way they work there.
How to get in the building
To enter the building, do not go to the main (old) courthouse front door. For as long as we have been going there, court administration locks that door. You need to go and enter in the middle of the building on the Route 30 (Lincoln Highway) entrance side.
Almost all of the courtrooms are on the 3rd floor. Every preliminary hearing and the “waiting area” is in the back section of the jury assembly room. They put up a pull out partition wall to divide that room into two. The attorneys meet and greet to discuss cases in the first half. You and your family members or supporters wait in the 2nd or back half.
Usually a nice member of the Sheriff’s Office signs folks in. So make sure you check in to avoid any thoughts that you didn’t show.
Qualifications and experience
We have nearly 20 years of experience. No one can match our training, knowledge and experience when it comes to DUI defense.
Our Clients are entitled to a Bill of Rights which states:
- Our clients have the right to expect, we will be proactive in communication. You will hear it from us first. We will return all phone calls, texts and emails promptly.
- Our clients have the right to expect plain speaking, straight shooting. No B. S.
- Our clients have the right to expect us to do it right the first time, every time.
- Our clients have the right to expect us to be on time and professionally prepared for all court appearances, and all meetings.
- Our clients have the right to expect that they will be fully informed at all times.
This is our promise to you. Call today to get us on your side: (717) 657-3900.
A judge of the Franklin County Court of Common Pleas once wrote in a published opinion:
Counsel [McShane] is known to the Court as a zealous advocate for his clients, meticulous in his creation of a record for appellate review, and dogged in his pursuit of any issue which could accrue to the benefit of his client. In his usual fashion, attorney McShane meticulously created a record of the encounter between the two, and citing the applicable law argued for dismissal of the juror. [Attorney McShane engaged in] the effective, tactical cross examination of the witness and the investigating officers.
Additional recommended reading
- About The McShane Firm
- How To Find The Best DUI Lawyer in Pennsylvania
- Greater Chambersburg Area of Commerce
Justin McShane and his entire staff made me feel like they took my case personally and really cared about a suitable outcome of my case. All my calls and questions and emails were answered very quickly. I would highly recommend The McShane Firm for any representation.
The best of the best in DUI cases. Worth every penny. 8 years later and I still can’t thank you guys enough.
Free Initial Consultation